Monday, January 19, 2015

My Memorable Monthly Mentions (AKA My Favorite Blogs this Month)

I admit, I love reading genealogy blogs...daily. AND...I keep a list of my favorites. Each month, I am happy to share my favorites with you. I'll be calling them my monthly mentions. I hope you enjoy them too. Blogs I've liked in the past month are:

A fascinating article on the history of 120 years of genealogy research by the Church of Latter Day Saints  https://familysearch.org/blog/en/120-years-pioneering-genealogy/
This author just turned in her portfolio needed to become a licensed genealogists.  She lists things she learned along the way.  https://carigenealogy.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/bcg-portfolio-madness/

Some genea-gift ideas that you create, in plenty of time for gift giving next holiday season; http://familytreemagazine.com/article/family-history-DIY-projects

Five lessons from the TV show, Who Do You Think You Are? http://www.dutchgenealogy.nl/five-lessons-we-can-learn-from-who-do-you-think-you-are/
Who owns your favorite genealogy database?  You might be surprised! http://www.gouldgenealogy.com/2014/12/who-owns-what-in-the-genealogy-world/

Sometimes it’s worth it to spend a little more on your documents: http://www.legalgenealogist.com/blog/2014/12/16/spend-the-money/

Booklets were written to give information and tips for our immigrant ancestors.  Here’s a fascinating list of several guides.  If you want to know about the immigration experience, these give lots of information your immigrant would have used: http://genealogy.about.com/od/immigration/fl/What-did-Our-Ancestors-Face-Settlers-amp-Emigrant-Guides.htm
Are you thinking of going to Salt Lake?  There have been several nice changes at the library.  Here are some tips about researching there: http://brickwallgenealogist.com/?p=3105

I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do. Thank you to all you bloggers out there who work hard to bring us their very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment