Happy
New Year!
If
you are like me, with a quiet genealogy month in December, I have a renewed
spirit to start out the year with a push into learning new ideas. I’m looking forward to attending several of
the events listed below. Here are the
presentations in the area for the next six weeks or so. If I’ve missed an event or you know of a
society that can be included, please let me know. Most of these events are free, but please
check the website listed for more information and if necessary, any
registration.
I
hope your genealogy research is successful in 2019.
January 5 10:00 AM
How
to Organize All This Genealogy Stuff (webinar) by Lisa
Louise Cooke
Arlington Heights Memorial
Library
http://www.ahml.info/ and go to the events
calendar
January 8 7:30 PM
Preparing to Publish your Genealogy Book by Regina Yuill
Schaumburg Township
District Library
January 9 7:00 PM
How to Deal with Other Genealogists without Going Crazy by Thomas MacEntee
Fountaindale
Public Library (webinar)
January 10 7:00 PM
Maternal Lineage by Larry Wood
McHenry County
Genealogical Society
January 12 1:00 PM
How to Turn Family Genealogy into Family History
North Suburban
Genealogy Society
January 15 7:00 PM
How Do I Use DNA in Genealogy Research?
St. Charles Public Library
January 16 6:30 PM
Issuing Citations That Help “Prove” Genealogical Research by Laura Street
Chaplin
Wheaton Public Library
January
16 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Appointments
Swedish Genealogy
Research Help
by Kathy Meade
Arlington Heights
Memorial Library
http://www.ahml.info/ and go to the events
calendar
January 17 7:00 PM
Grandma Nellie’s Scrapbook Interpreting History by Tina Beaird
Gail
Borden Library, Elgin
January 18 7:00PM
A Guide to Overseas Genealogy by Jacquie Schattner
Arlington Heights
Memorial Library
http://www.ahml.info/ and go to the events
calendar
January 19 10:30 AM
Internet Archive: Amazing Genealogical Resource! by
Debra Dudek
Schaumburg
Township Public Library
January 22 7:00 PM
I Got My DNA Results: Now What Do I Do? By Suz Bates
Helen Plum Library, Lombard
January 25, 2:30 PM
Beginning Genealogy by Jacquie Schattner
Arlington Heights
Memorial Library
http://www.ahml.info/ and go to the events
calendar
February 2 10:00 AM
Probate and Inquest Records by Grace DuMelle
Arlington Heights
Senior Center
February 5 7:00 PM
Getting
the Most Out of Ancestry DNA
St. Charles Public Library
February 5 9:30 AM
What’s
New in Family Search by Maureen Brady
Gail
Borden Library, Elgin
February 9 1:00 PM
A
Family Story of Race and Racial Passing by Gail Lukasik
North Suburban Genealogy
Society
No comments:
Post a Comment