I love blogs! I find
that they keep my research refreshed. So
many new ideas, websites. Blogs are
where I find much of my new research information. One of my favorites and a daily read is
Genea-Musings. Randy, the writer, is a
retired engineer and writes on several subjects daily. In the Blogger world, he is one of the best
and most read. I look forward to what he has to write about every day. On Saturdays, Randy always writes “Saturday
Night Genealogy Fun”, where he asks a question or two and then “cue the Mission
Impossible music” assigns it to willing readers who answer as a comment or by writing
their own blog and providing a link.
Inspired by FGS, I had a list of questions that I had been
asked or asked people I met at the conference in Springfield. On my ride home, I mentally added a few more.
I wrote them all up and took a chance. I
emailed the list to Randy, letting him know that if wanted them for his
Saturday night blogs, he could re-word them any way he wanted. I was thrilled when he wrote back that he
would use them in the future, and would also give me the credit.
Surprise! The very next Saturday, September 10th he asked one of my questions! And true to his word, he acknowledge that the question came from me. (Very sweet and thoughtful of him.) The next week, he asked another of my questions: 1) What was the "trigger," that started you actively researching your family history and genealogy? It got 28 comments!
For me, this has been a bit of a thrill. My thanks to Randy for considering my
questions. And for those of you who have
not read his blog, try it. The Sunday
night blogs are a listing of some of the best blogs of the week from all over
the world. Love them!
Here is a link the October 1 question: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/10/what-was-first-genealogical-society-you.html
Here is a link the October 1 question: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/10/what-was-first-genealogical-society-you.html
No comments:
Post a Comment