Tuesday, September 6, 2016

September Genealogy Events in the NW Suburbs

I just got back from FGS, inspired.  However, I’m still trying to catch up on a couple of things so this came out a bit later than usual.  I hope you still enjoy a listed class.

Every month, the first week of the month, I list genealogical events being held in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago for about the next six weeks.  Most events are free, but sometimes you will need to register in advance, especially sponsored by a public library.  If it is sponsored by a genealogy society, you probably will not need to register unless there is a fee (which is designated by the $).  Check the website listed for more information.

If you’d like individual help, the following public libraries’ websites state that you may make an appointment with a librarian or genealogy volunteer: Schaumburg, Palatine, Arlington Heights and Mount Prospect. On September 14, at 3-4:30 PM, the Indian Trails Library, Wheeling has a genealogy question and answer session with the librarian. Due to their 2016 remodeling, starting in May, the meetings will be held at 70 W Dundee Road, Buffalo Grove.  The Palatine Public Library holds a group Thursday evenings at 7:00 on October 6, and November 3. The Bloomingdale Public Library has a similar group on the fourth Thursdays of the month at 6:30 PM. Check the library websites for more details.

If you know of any events that I have missed, please email me. I hope you see an event you’d like to attend.

September 7 1:00 PM
Genealogist’s Guide to Digitalized Books by Susan Mayer
Arlington Heights Memorial Library
http://www.ahml.info/ and go to the events calendar

September 8 7:00 PM
Beginning Genealogy by Susan Mayer
Arlington Heights Memorial Library
http://www.ahml.info/ and go to the events calendar

September 8 7:30 PM
Central European Genealogy is Easy, Merci Napoleon by Jacquie Schattner
FVGS, Naperville Municipal Center

September 10 1:00 PM
How Do I Use My DNA in My Genealogy Research by Caron Primas Brennan
Northbrook History Museum

September 13 7:00 PM
Genealogy: New Tools for Finding Old Stuff
Chamber Park Community Center 242 N. Wolf Rd, Wheeling 
(Due to Indian Trails Library remodel)

September 14 7:00 PM
Looking Beyond a Will: Probate Records
Fountaindale Public Library, Bolingbrook

September 17 10:00 AM-4:00 PM
Lineage and Ethnic Societies Fair
Arlington Heights Memorial Library
http://www.ahml.info/ and go to the events calendar

September 17 10:30 AM
DNA and Genealogical Proof Standard by Karen Stanbary
Schaumburg Township Public Library

September 27 7:00 PM
Internet Archive by Debra Dudek
Helen Plum Library, Lombard

October 1 10:00 AM
Why Am I Stuck? 10 Solutions to Common Genealogical Brick Walls
by Marsha Peterson-Maas
Arlington Heights Senior Center

October 8 1-3 PM
Publishing Your Genealogical Writing
Arlington Heights Memorial Library
http://www.ahml.info/ and go to the events calendar


No comments:

Post a Comment