Sunday, July 5, 2015

My Memorable Monthly Mentions (AKA My Favorite Blogs this Month)

I admit, I love reading genealogy blogs...daily. AND...I keep a list of my favorites. Each month, I am happy to share my favorites with you. I'll be calling them my monthly mentions. I hope you enjoy them too. Blogs I've liked in the past month are;

Genealogy and Elitism – very interesting subject: http://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/2015/06/11/genealogy-and-elitism/

Migration routes and early Virginia tax information: http://rootsbid.com/blog/found-yellow-brick-road-ancestors-used/
New genealogy books set to come out this fall.  There are some interesting ones listed: http://anglo-celtic-connections.blogspot.ca/2015/06/forthcoming-genealogy-books.html

A cool trick to find someone who is hiding in a census: http://blog.familytreemagazine.com/insider/2015/06/09/ACensusSearchTrickForHardtoFindAncestors.aspx

Links to many Michigan newspapers, most free, listed by county: http://libforms.cmich.edu/condor/newspaper_portal.php
Simple four part system that names and sorts your photos: http://blog.familytreemagazine.com/insider/2015/05/19/ASimpleFourPartSystemForNamingDigitalPhotoFiles.aspx

Great ideas on preserving items including wood items, paper and textiles: http://www.nationalww2museum.org/give/donate-an-artifact/preservation-of-artifacts.html

Can you guess a word that no genealogist wants to hear: http://afamilytapestry.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-most-hated-word-in-genealogists.html
Using Pinterest for genealogy: http://lisalisson.com/2015/06/25/pinterest-for-genealogists/

One of my favorite websites Cyndislist is celebrating a 20 year anniversary.  Read how it all started: http://cyndislist.blogspot.com/2015/06/it-all-began-20-years-ago.html

 Hope you enjoyed the long July holiday weekend and your summer!  In the meantime, here's to some great blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment