Monday, June 8, 2015

My Memorable Monthly Mentions (AKA My Favorite Blogs this Month)

I admit, I love reading genealogy blogs...daily. AND...I keep a list of my favorites. Each month, I am happy to share my favorites with you. I'll be calling them my monthly mentions. I hope you enjoy them too. Blogs I've liked in the past month are:

13 Ways to Know You are a Genealogist: http://blog.myheritage.com/2015/05/13-ways-to-knowyoureagenealogist/utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MyheritageBlog+%28MyHeritage+Blog%29

The Moment I Realized Family History is Awesome:  http://oneshetwoshe.com/2015/01/family-history-is-awesome.html
Free census for everyone: http://blog.mocavo.com/2015/05/u-s-federal-census-images-viewer-now-free-for-everyone

German mega-search engine: http://www.many-roads.com/2015/04/29/german-prussian-mega-search-engine/

NEHGS information.  If you are planning a trip, links to tips from her visit at this wonderful library are at the end of the blog: http://www.thefamilycurator.com/home/2015/6/1/a-few-thoughts-a-new-leaf-on-the-nehgs-family-tree.html#.VXZJ3O_bKpo

Have you reviewed your research and found a mistake?  Even the pros do and here is one story: http://blog.familytreemagazine.com/insider/2015/06/02/ConfessingAGenealogyMistake.aspx
How fast our society is in comparison to the past.  This author writes of this well. http://theindepthgenealogist.com/getting-started-in-the-family-history-library-part-2/

Going to FHL in Salt Lake City is on my bucket list.  Here are some great tips on researching there.  (Why the link to part 2 ?  Because it has the link to part 1, but not the reverse. http://theindepthgenealogist.com/getting-started-in-the-family-history-library-part-2/

So many things are found at a courthouse.  Worth a visit. See what this author found: http://lisalisson.com/2015/06/04/suprising-information-found-court-order-books-index/

Enjoy your summer and these blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment