Thomas MacEntee offers a list of free online resources. Wow! What a find!: http://www.geneabloggers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/RESOURCE-Free-Online-Genealogy-Education-Resources.pdf
By including more information this blogger got the results
she was looking for: http://researching-relatives.blogspot.com/2015/03/genealogy-research-requests.html
Looking for history in older books online? Here is information about google books and
archives.org that may be of interest http://blog.eogn.com/2015/03/28/google-books-reduces-its-digitizing-and-preservation-of-old-books-while-internet-archive-increases-its-efforts-at-the-same-thing/
A history of the different types of photography and how
it can help you identify a photo:
http://crestleaf.com/blog/8-common-types-vintage-photos-help-identify-past/
Randy Seaver gives great information on a survey about various family
tree databases, both online and software program we use to keep our information. I was surprised by the results: http://www.geneamusings.com/2015/03/what-family-tree-program-do-you-use-for.html
A two part series titled: 11 Things I would do Differently and A
Dozen Things I got Right. What would
be on your list?: http://dna-explained.com/2015/03/18/eleven-things-i-would-do-differently/ and http://dna-explained.com/2015/03/19/and-a-dozen-things-i-got-right/
Good advice for beginning genealogists: http://www.geneamusings.com/2015/03/advice-for-beginning-genealogists.html
Have you looked for a webpage to find that it’s no longer
available? Here’s one way to recover it:
http://lisalouisecooke.com/2015/03/how-to-make-google-cache-pay-off-in-your-genealogy-research/
Lots of good tips on researching Russian and Ukrainian
records: https://lostrussianfamily.wordpress.com/2015/04/02/secrets-of-searching-the-internet-in-russian-and-ukrainian-like-a-native-speaker/
Immigrants come to ports other than New York. Read about experiences in other cities: http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/2015/04/06/destination-america-your-immigrant-ancestors-arrival-in-u-s-ports/?utm_
Why genealogy websites charge for their service: http://blog.eogn.com/2015/04/04/i-have-a-complaint-concerning-many-genealogists/
Jacquie, thank you so much for listing my blog post about genealogy research requests and the importance of providing as much information as possible. Making your list is such a nice surprise, and I hope your readers find my post helpful.
ReplyDelete